All information you share with us via this site is voluntary and will be collected via a secure form. The information we collect from you on this site will be used by us for the purpose of our advocacy and reporting. We won’t give or sell your information to any other people or organisations.
Our Child Safe Commitment
Koorie Youth Council (KYC) is auspiced by Youth Affairs Council of Victoria (YACVic). We adhere and uphold the 7 Child Safe Standards and we believe that young people have the right to be heard, have their concerns taken seriously and have the right to privacy.
As part of the Child Safe Standards, we commit to:
- preventing the abuse of children and young people in our care, by identifying risks early and removing and reducing these risks
- taking all allegations and concerns about abuse very seriously and responding to them consistently, in line with our policies and procedures
- complying with all legal requirements, including reporting suspicions of abuse to police and/or child protection.
YACVic actively work to hear and empower all children and young people involved with our organisation, through regular consultation and participation processes.
All staff and volunteers employed by YACVic are responsible for the care and protection of children and young people who participate in our organisation and for reporting information about abuse.
If you have a concern about the safety of children or young people engaged with YACVic or KYC, or you have a concern about any of our employees or volunteers, please contact us.
(03) 9267 3707
0427 461 8000
Competition terms and conditions
- The Promoter is the Koorie Youth Council (A.B.N. 39 774 045 170).
- Information on prizes and how to enter Koorie Youth Council (KYC) competitions form part of these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
- By entering KYC competitions, entrants accept these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
- Entry to KYC competition is open to all Victorian registrants of the Koorie Youth Summit excluding KYC staff and Executive.
- To enter KYC competitions, entrants must register for the 2021 Koorie Youth Summit by 11.59pm EST on the specified closing date; achieve attendance and social media engagement goals; and complete post event survey questions.
- Prize winners of KYC competitions are selected by KYC staff post the specified closing date. Winners are contacted by email within 10 business days of selection and may be announced on KYC website or social media channels.
- The judges’ decision is final and binding. As such, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Competition winners will be selected at random and determined by engagement score.
- Unless expressly stated, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
- If any prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, KYC reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
- Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winning and may wish to seek independent financial advice prior to the acceptance of the prize.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take the prize or an element of the prize by the time stipulated by KYC, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited.
- All prize winners agree to the use of their name for publicity and competition purposes, without compensation.
- KYC shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash, credit or product and no exchanges are offered. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize (or part thereof).
- The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies associated with this competition, take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit and the Promoter will not be responsible for any delay in delivery, damage to or loss in transit of the prize.
- Each entrant’s personal information (“PI”) is collected to enable the Promoter to administer and promote this Competition and the winner. The PI of winners may be provided to third parties who are assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers, deliverers and authorities that regulate competitions. Entrants who fail to provide all requested PI, may be determined by the Promoter, at its sole discretion to be ineligible to win a prize. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, corruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer networks and systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination of them, including any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in these Competitions.
- All entries become the property of KYC.
- The laws of Victoria govern KYC competitions.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoters legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If for any reason the competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the event and recommence it under the same or different conditions at a later date.
- Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of prizes from the draw date. Prizes will be sent to delivery address provided by the winners. The Promoter and prize suppliers will take no responsibility for prizes lost or damaged in transit.
- Registration draw prize – $200 Clothing The Gaps voucher
- Social media competition – Summit card draw prize – $200 Clothing The Gaps voucher
- Engagement competition – third prize on challenge leader board at Summit end –$50 Clothing The Gaps voucher
- Engagement competition – second prize on challenge leader board at Summit end –$100 Clothing The Gaps voucher
- Engagement competition – first prize on challenge leader board at Summit end –$200 Clothing The Gaps voucher
- Delegates who complete post Summit survey draw prize – $200 Clothing The Gaps voucher + surprise from Korin Gamadji Institute (Richmond Football Club).