We\’re on the lookout for SIX deadly young people to join our Executive! Our Executive is made up of 15 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people from across Victoria. Our Exec come with diverse experiences and passions, and are based all over Victoria, including regional areas and Melbourne. They come together throughout the year to share, discuss and learn from each other, ensuring the voices of young people are represented in all the work we do at KYC.
To apply for our Executive you must be:
- aged 15-25 years old (you can be an Exec member until you’re 28)
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander young person living in Victoria (you don’t have to be Koorie – anywhere from across the country!)
- available for four meetings a year in Melbourne (usually on a Saturday)
- one Exec regional camp a year (on a weekend)
- able to commit to other active involvement in KYC’s work (i.e. engaging online through Facebook groups chats and representation at workshops/conferences etc.)
Joining our Exec is a unique opportunity to connect with other young mob and to have your voice and community\’s voice heard in the work that we do.
This is a volunteer role with professional development opportunities. We’re here to support you to learn and develop new skills. We’ll also make sure you’re supported and cover certain expenses, like travel to Melbourne from a regional area, to ensure you can be part of the Exec. – so you won’t be out of pocket.
The best part about the Exec, is that you’ll be part of a deadly group of supportive young people, and a wider network of young people from across the state.
Ways to apply:
- Fill out our online form below OR
- Download a word document form – KYC – Executive Expression of Interest and send it back to us OR
- Have a yarn with us on the phone
We look forward to hearing from you! If you’ve got any questions or need some support to fill out this form contact Bonnie Dukakis on 0439 927 405 or email Bonnie@koorieyouthcouncil.org.aueyouth.org.au
Applications closes Sunday 13 February 2022.